Shortly after returning from my trip, I completed my socks. Technically this is not my first pair of socks, as I had previously completed a set of toddler's socks in worsted weight. However, this is my first pair made to fit a specific set of feet (mine) and made with sock yarn. They're finished, fit, and look like socks, so wahoo!
I have been somewhat buried in piles of stuff to put away, laundry to do, house to clean, and starting school, but I have managed to get in some spinning and knitting. I have worked on the alpaca and have finished two skeins plus one bobbin of a single. The bag seems never ending, but since it was free and I hope to make a sweater, I am not complaining.
Spent time at the hospital today as my mother was having surgery, and made some progress on the shawl I have been working on for over a year. I'm down to about 30 rows left (it's one of those triangles where each repeat has two more stitches than the last), so I hope to post a FO picture soon.
Must return to the laundry. I should finish seating charts as well, but doing ten today was enough.