Sunday, July 22, 2007

Yesterday

Saturday morning after a breakfast of yummy whole grain pancakes with fresh wild strawberries, it was time for some final pictures.



My production for the week, starting with top left and finishing with bottom right. The white and light green on the bottom are the mohair I had trouble with. The pink and gray combo is the dog hair.My production for the week, starting with top left and finishing with bottom right. The white and light green on the bottom are the mohair I had trouble with. The pink and gray combo is the dog hair.




Paula and I with our week’s worth of spun yarn.







I took Paula to the train station in Halifax, since it is only about 3 blocks from my hotel. We stopped at LK Yarns in the Hydrostone Market first; there were some souvenir yarn purchases, but it was all Fleece Artist and on sale.

Dropped Paula at the train in a downpour, then wandered around Halifax doing some shopping before checking into my hotel. This afternoon (Sunday)I plan to drive to Wolfville to a sheep farm and get some more fiber to practice with this week before returning to Leslie’s for the advanced workship next week. I also hope to post more frequently now that I’m in Halifax for the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just need to correct the pancake part of this entry: they were wild strawberry (and some cultivated s.berries) and feta cheese with spelt flour. I think it's the feta cheese that makes them really special.