Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Better Late Than Never

The following was what I intended to post to the blog on Sunday, July 29. Obviously, it didn’t get posted then, so here it is now.

This will probably be one of my last blog entries for a while – maybe until I get home? Tonight I’m headed out to East Jeddore again for four more days of spinning workshops. Then, the plan is to head home starting Friday morning. I have a bunch of thoughts and impressions of what I’ve gained from this trip, but I will post those when I have the chance to sit down and write with some coherence.


Yesterday (Saturday), as I left the dorm parking lot I saw this . . .










. . . followed immediately by this. I had to laugh.







I spent much of the morning at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic on the Halifax waterfront.











There’s a Titanic exhibit (Halifax was where the survivors and dead were brought) and a temporary pirates exhibit, but the most impressive was the exhibit on the Halifax Explosion of 1917.





There was also this incredibly annoying parrot that you could hear screeching all over the museum.







As much as I love FRED, I hate these. They are full of mindless tourists being herded (baaa, baaa) around town and into the harbor (literally). And they’re loud.




No comments: