Monday, March 31, 2008

Movie Quotes

Wendy recently did a movie quote meme on her site. I liked it, even though I didn't guess any of her movies. Like her, I'm not a big fan of memes, since usually it's all about me, me, me, but this one is not so much like that. So . . . here's my version of the rules:

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies quotes.
2. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
3. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
4. Looking them up is cheating, please don’t.

If you want to guess, leave a comment by clicking on the comments link at the bottom of the day's entry. If you are hesitant to comment because you don't belong to Blogger, don't be. Just comment as "anonymous" and you can add your name at the end of your comment (or not if you prefer).

My quotes are not quite as obscure as Wendy's (I hope). Anyway, they're not from as highbrow/old movies. Composing my list gave me a good chuckle. I hope you enjoy it too.
  1. Of couse he had a gun. This is Texas! Everybody has a gun. My florist has a gun!
  2. This is my corn. You people are guests in my corn.
  3. As for his mum, she appeared to be clinically insane, and wearing some kind of yeti costume.
  4. It's not right for a woman to read. Soon she starts getting ideas, and thinking . . .
  5. Mental that one, I'm telling you.
  6. Do you not get it, lads? The Irish are the blacks of Europe. And Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland. And the Northside Dubliners are the blacks of Dublin. So say it once, say it loud: I'm black and I'm proud.
  7. I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck . . . maybe even a recreational vehicle.
  8. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
  9. Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
  10. It's like gum in your hair. It comes out eventually.

There are other quotes I like, but I chose not to use. Some are too well known ("Here's looking at you, kid"). Some reveal the movie in the quote (Ben Stein's "Bueller? Bueller?"). And some date my prime movie watching days a little too much ("Wax on, wax off.")

If you are interested, AFI has a list of top 100 Movie Quotes. You have to register, but not join, to access the full list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the monkey.
you read a lot.
#8 is clearly the princess bride. i think that #5 is Ron in one of the Harry Potter movies. actually, the first one I think. Maybe #2 is Field of Dreams but doubtful. i should know #1 having lived there, and definitely believe I've seen the movie, but can't get it.
bad news...down to the 20's last night. good news....your hat kept me warm this morning on the way to the gym.
jw

WendyKnits said...

#1 is Miss Congeniality -- just watched that on cable a couple of weeks ago.
#6 -- The Commitments!
#9 is Monty Python and the Holy Grail -- I know that movie by heart. :-)